On 4/20/2016 7:30 AM, Richard Owlett's fingers rattled off:
On 4/19/2016 9:52 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:

On 4/19/2016 7:20 PM, WaltS48 wrote:

How? This might help.
<http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/profilefaq/#sharing>

Link valuable on other topics while it avoids my question.

No, it really doesn't. Read the second subhead in the linked
section:

*IT IGNORES A _CRITICAL_ !!!REQUIREMENT!!!* that I keep repeating
to wit
"BUT I *MUST* have access to the same set of mails and Usenet accounts
[including status, flag, very customized tags, etc]. "

I have a dozen _*!!!customized!!!*_ tags. They are *CRITICAL* to me!!!!!!
Tagging info does not come across. Only the 10 default tags available.
As a minor annoyance it loses my current user name and server name.

_Sharing Mail directories_

Go to: Edit -> Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings -> <your
account name here> -> Server Settings.

Under the "Local directory" field, you'll see a file path. You
can make two or more more profiles share the same mail directory
by setting each account to the same file path in the local
directory field.

Create a new profile and migrate your email and news.

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_data_to_a_new_profile_-_SeaMonkey>

Then make whatever changes you want.

--
Ed Mullen