On 7/11/2016 8:04 PM, John Duncan wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>> Is Lightning no longer available for SeaMonkey 2.40? Went to
>> update/install on a system and ran into "Not available for SeaMOnkey
>> 2.40" see:
>> <https://s32.postimg.org/drk42c9h1/Lightning_Not.png>
>>
>> What's up with that?
>>
>> Does every new SeaMonkey 2.40 user now need to go to:
>> <https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Calendar/Calendar_Versions>
>> and load 4.5b1 (Beta) directly now?
>>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/seamonkey/downloads/file/383795/lightning-4.5b1-sm+tb-mac.xpi
>
> https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/seamonkey/addon/lightning/versions/beta
>
> you need to manually go to the beta versions on AMO, I think.

New users (even many existing users) won't know to go to beta versions,
whether on the developer.mozilla.org link that I provided, or your link.
They will instead stop at:
====
Not available for SeaMonkey 2.40?
This add-on is not compatible with your version of SeaMonkey because of
the following:

    Add-on has opted into strict compatibility checking.
=====