Larry S. wrote:
So I must convert to W10 soon, or lose my "freebie". Since I've never
done that, and are a computer amateur, I have questions.

W10 compatability report says "all o.k.".

Is Sea Monkey compatible with W10? If not, what do I have to do so it
will work? Will it have to be reinstalled? Should it be uninstalled
before the conversion?

I save up-to-date copies of the profile and ini in a separate HD, but in
W10 have no idea where to find the profile so I can copy in the saved
version. Help, anyone? (What is the path to the profile, and how do I
find it?) In W7 I know the answer, but W10 is a mystery with a confusing
UI.

What happens to extensions and plug-ins?

I probably have the same questions about everything else--programs, such
as word processing, security and back-up. Ditto with peripherals such as
mouse, monitor, keyboard and printer. Finding all the information I can.

A very intimidating process, to be sure! Taking the plunge soon--hope to
not drown.

Any and all help greatly appreciated!

Larry S.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/43.0
SeaMonkey/2.40
My experience with upgrading from Win7 to Win10 with SeaMonkey installed was: no issues. The Windows upgrade ran as MS advertises it, and all my desktop and taskbar icons were untouched, and all worked as they had before the upgrade. I've done this to 2 different machines in the last week, same reeults. In the event there were any issues, like you, I have a backup regimen in place. But there was no need to restore a thing.
Your profile location is the same in W10 as in W7, so that's not an issue.
If you're still nervous, best thing I can recommend is to turn off your antivirus during the upgrade, just to be sure it doesn't actively block anything during the process. Once the upgrade is done, turn your AV back on (or re-install it if it complains).