On 19/07/2016 9:16 AM, Jim Taylor wrote:
Larry S. wrote:
Second try:

Is Sea Monkey compatible with W10? If not, what do I have to do so it
will work? Will it have to be reinstalled? Should it be uninstalled
before the conversion?

I save up-to-date copies of the profile and ini in a separate HD, but
in W10 have no idea where to find the profile so I can copy in the
saved version. Help, anyone? (What is the path to the profile, and how
do I find it?) In W7 I know the answer, but W10 is a mystery with a
confusing UI.

What happens to extensions and plug-ins?

Larry S

Yes it is compatible with Windows 10 (although I see Windows 10 isn't
listed under System Requirements, looks like it needs updating).  You
shouldn't have to do anything, it should just work.  I have upgraded 3
systems (1 form Win7 and 2 from Win 8.1) and installed it on one new Win
10 system and have not had any problems.  Type about:profiles in the url
bar and it will tell you where your profile is located.  Or click Help,
Troubleshooting Information and click on about:profiles under
application basics.

Jim

Hmm! Jim, in my Win7 install, when I click on either of your about:profiles above, I get a ....

Invalid Address

The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded.

What am I doing wrong?? (By-the-By, at installation, I have done a "Custom" Installation, placing my profile on my E:\ drive, although I would expect this to affect SeaMonkey, as it still works with my selected profile!!)

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40 Build identifier: 20160120202951
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501