On 28/08/2016 6:44 PM, F Murtz wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
On 8/25/2016 1:21 AM, F Murtz wrote:
Is there any way in sea monkey to filter out the Winnipeg poster?
Anyone that uses usenet will know the one I mean.
If there is a way could someone please post the solution?

I see confusions in this thread.
If you are asking if "the Winnipeg poster" can be blocked by
news.mozilla.org .
I suspect the answer is no as I don't believe the lists are moderated.
No I am asking if I can filter this poster from appearing on my computer
with seamonkey reader on usenet as the filters I set up do not work.
Either I am doing it wrong or it can not be done,it seem no use blocking
email addresses.

I was hoping for some seamonkey expert that uses usenet (news
groups)that would know the answer as they would have come across this
nuisance.

I'm no seamonkey expert, but I believe I have achieved what you are trying to do.

Did you follow my earlier suggestion to set up a filter??

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40 Build identifier: 20160120202951
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501