Paul Bergsagel wrote on 09/09/2016 02:43:
Some of the changes to Gecko are not compatible with Seamonkey. Our Seamonkey programmers do amazing work adapting/reverting Gecko changes made by FireFox programmers so that Seamonky and NOT some offshoot clone of Firefox.I praise the SeaMonkey programmers for their tireless work maintaining and keeping SeaMonkey as Seamonkey and not some offshoot or clone of FireFox.

Therefore the guy who say that WebMasters should sniff Gecko instead of other part of the Use Agent string are WRONG ! :-)