On 9/12/2016 12:31 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/12/2016 9:24 AM, Lemuel Johnson wrote:
snipped

I appreciate the suggestions.  But as a SeaMonkey proponent, maybe even
evangelist, I have convinced several friends and family members to use
SM as their browser and email client.  They also have Chase accounts.

The reality is:
1. They are not changing banks.
2. They have no idea what a User Agent is or any desire to learn.
3. They will not use a different browser just to access chase.com
4. If they move to a different browser they will not be using SeaMonkey
again.

So, there was a report that chase.com was usable with the default
SeaMonkey user agent.  That would be good, but I cannot replicate.  My
question is more along the lines of "Am I doing something wrong that
prevents (default) SeaMonkey from being accepted at chase.com?"

I had to create a separate SeaMonkey profile for accessing my financial
accounts at a bank, two credit unions, and Vanguard mutual funds.  My
settings for this profile might give you some idea of what you might
need to do.  Where I say "Normally", that reflects the profile where I
do most of my Web surfing.

Images from all domains (Normally, I block images from "other" domains.)

Cookies from 3rd party domains allowed from which there are already
existing cookies and the file cookies.sqlite is marked "read-write".
(Normally, I allow cookies only from the requested domain; and I mark
cookies.sqlite as "read only".)

Popups enabled (Normally, I disable popups.)

FlashBlock extension and HTML5 Media enabled  (Normally, they are
disabled.)

AdBlock Plus and Secret Agent extensions not installed.  (They are
installed in the profile where I do most of my Web surfing.)

Browser preferences at default settings:
Load all images
Allow all cookies (normally).  cookies.sqlite is RW
Block unrequested popup windows checked (I believe this is default)
None of these are installed: FlashBlock, HTML5 Media, AdBlock, Secret Agent. This is such a blatant case of browser sniffing I doubt any extension would cause the problem.