On 20/09/2016 10:18 PM, Desiree wrote:
On 9/19/2016 11:37 PM, Daniel wrote:
On 20/09/2016 5:05 PM, Desiree wrote:
On 9/19/2016 10:01 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Desiree wrote:

SeaMonkey 2.40 on Windows 8.0 Pro is minimizing EVERY tab SEPARATELY
to the task bar.  When I go to click on the icon on the task bar to
bring up SeaMonkey I see a long list on the screen of ALL tabs and I
cannot just click on the icon and bring up SeaMonkey.  I have to
CHOOSE a specific tab in the list and bring up that tab and then the
others are brought up with it.

This looks to me like an OS feature, not a SM feature.

In earlier versions of Windows (I have Win7), you could control this
behavior by setting the Taskbar properties. Here are the Win7
instructions; they're probably similar on Win8 but I can't guarantee
it:

Right-click an empty area on the Taskbar and choose "Properties."

In the dialog that appears, on the "Taskbar" tab, there's an option for
"Taskbar buttons:" with a pull-down list:
    [Always combine, hide labels]
    [Combine when taskbar is full]
    [Never combine]

The third option will do what you're describing. Choose a different one
and you'll get different results.

You don't have to unlock the taskbar to do this.

Yes, I know about this and the taskbar in Win8 Pro.  I settled on Always
combine and hide labels not long after getting this machine in Nov 2012.
  It's not the OS.  It is a SeaMonkey feature.  I just checked Fx 45.3
ESR and it listed there also and set by user to "false".  Again, I don't
recall when I changed the preference.  I make so many tweaks that I
can't recall a lot of them.

Desiree, did you make the change or not?? If the preference is as
installed, it is dull grey'ish text, but if *you* change a pref, it
switches to *USER* in Bold text!!

I made the change.  It's in bold (but all text is in bold for me on
Windows 8 - I use Verdana Bold forced everywhere through Window Blinds)
but it says "USER".  I just don't recall like I used to ...I'm getting
old.  :(

I'm tossing up ... should I reply "getting??" or "Join the club!!" ;-P

Daniel
--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40 Build identifier: 20160120202951
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501