On 9/20/2016 2:13 PM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 9/20/2016 at 11:12 AM, WaltS48's prodigious digits fired off:
On 9/19/2016 10:59 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 9/19/2016 at 7:34 AM, Desiree's prodigious digits fired off:
SeaMonkey 2.40 on Windows 8.0 Pro is minimizing EVERY tab
SEPARATELY  to
the task bar.  When I go to click on the icon on the task bar to bring
up SeaMonkey I see a long list on the screen of ALL tabs and I cannot
just click on the icon and bring up SeaMonkey.  I have to CHOOSE a
specific tab in the list and bring up that tab and then the others are
brought up with it.

This isn't SeaMonkey doing what Mozilla is starting to do with
electrolysis on Fx is it?  I ask because EVERY TAB IS LISTED now for
SeaMonkey in Task Manager.  It is making a huge mess of Task Manager. I
don't plan on installing whatever version of Fx forces electrolysis and
I don't want it on SeaMonkey either!

This is NOT happening on my default SeaMonkey profile but on one I
don't
use often and have few extensions on.  So, is there a setting that I
have forgotten about in about:config that I need to set to stop it
doing
this?

Try setting browser.taskbar.previews.enable to false in about:config.
Default is true.

Just came across the setting in Firefox Nighty Options > General for
"Show previews in Windows taskbar". Nothing like that in SeaMonkey?

I don't think so. I looked and looked.

How dare the developers force something upon users without asking first. ;)