On 24/09/2016 19:20, Lee wrote:
On 9/24/16, Michael <no...@here.com> wrote:
On 24/09/2016 16:41, David E. Ross wrote:
On 9/24/2016 3:38 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 24/09/2016 4:19 AM, Michael wrote:

<Snip>
frequently on sites. If I uninstalled Seamonkey and reinstalled would
it
keep my preferences ?

Would this be my only solution ?

Michael

Michael, if you did a pretty standard installation of SeaMonkey, the
Program is in one location and the Profile is in another.

When you uninstall SM, it should just remove the Program, and then, when
you re-install it, it will "find" the Profile.

Hmm, but nor that I re-read your post, you are asking about Preferences,
which, logically is part of your Profile, so should be safe!!

However .... always worth doing a Back-Up .... you know, just in case!!

My installation of the SeaMonkey executable is on a hard drive different
from its profiles.  However, you must note that sometimes the problem is
not with the SeaMonkey executable but with a corrupted profile.  Thus,
before trying to re-install SeaMonkey, try creating a new profile and
then see if the problem exists in the new profile.

Thanks for your reply, in the end I decided enough is enough and
installed Opera which not only has its own built in adblocker also
accepts the extension "Adblocker Ultimate" (English List Filter).
Obviously I am only using one extension at a time. On my other machines
I use Firefox as the default browser but on this machine I use Firefox
solely for "adult" sites and used Seamonkey as the main browser but
having  now removed Seamonkey  on this machine its Opera for my main
browsing now.

Do you know that Opera was sold?
https://www.vpncompare.co.uk/opera-vpn-and-browser-business-sold-to-chinese-consortium/

Regards,
Lee

Didn't know that, makes me slightly worried about privacy. However saying that I have some freeware on my system from Chinese companies and are in my opinion the best available freeware or otherwise. Aomei Backupper, Aomei Partition Assistant also an audio conversion program from another chinese company "sothinkmedia" and a programme no longer available I think from them to make a DVD . All these programs are very efficient in what they do and are free. I also use free antivirus from a Czech company, again a very efficient program. If Opera can still keep a base in Norway and have some control in its direction I think it will be OK.

Michael