On 9/29/16, djc <bernarrax9-not-t...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Lee wrote:

>>> I see a "contributed build" that is 64 bit for linux... but don't see a
>>> 64 bit Windows build on the release page...
>>
>> https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~akalla/unofficial/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-release-windows64/
>
> For what it's worth, I've been running this latest build:
>
> User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:52.0)
> Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49a1
> Build identifier: 20160924005117
>
> for a few days without any problems. Mind you, it's a simple setup, few
> extensions, but I do use imap mail (1 mailbox), news (to this group) and
> lightning via google provider to a shared family google calendar.
>
> My only gotcha (so far) is the lack of Java applet support -
> specifically 32-bit. I'll need to keep a 32-bit SeaMonkey for this since
> it is for a government credential verification applet.

Have you tried installing a 64 bit version of Java?
http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
has links for both 32 and 64 bit offline installations of java

> A query - how can I test that SeaMonkey (32 and/or 64 bit) supports a
> Java Webstart application. I've done some googling, (and duck duck
> going), but can't seem to see a simple "test here" site. There must be one.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/troubleshoot_java.xml#test
which leads to
http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

which may or may not test Java Webstart.  I haven't had Java installed
for a long time so I don't have anything to test

Regards,
Lee