On 10/1/2016 10:09 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 10/01/2016 07:21 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 9/30/2016 10:57 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
On 9/30/2016 at 7:49 AM, Richard Owlett's prodigious digits fired
off:
On 9/27/2016 7:47 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
Richard Owlett composed on 2016-09-27 14:10 (UTC-0400):

That's an imperfect subject line to say the least.
Does SeaMonkey have a specification more detailed than the
"Feature List" at
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/doc/features ?

That list is more concerned with UI features than compatibility
with web standards.

The "World Wide Web Consortium" has test suites
[http://validator.w3.org/] to demonstrate compliance of a WEB
page with various HTML standards.

My interest is from a different perspective. What features of
HTML4 and/or HTML% an SeaMonkey handle as page designer
intended?

Web design is comprised of three fundamental components:

1-Content = HTML

2-Appearance = CSS

3-Behavior = scripting (JS or JavaScript in the FOSS world of
Gecko aka
Firefox and SeaMonkey)

Is there a site that explores that for the layperson, i.e. a
Pastor and
Board of Deacons?

<http://htmldog.com/> is a good place to start.

For myself that is an interesting site but is not suitable for
my intended audience.

For a tenuous analogy that page covers how to raise good beef
not how to tell what meat you wanted.

Are you trying to convince the holders of the purse strings to
allow the church to use funds for the church to set up a domain
and hire a web developer to design a web site?

Pastor is interested in having a website. I think it is settled that someone will be hired to develop and host the site. The cost(s) may be met by special gifts. I sat down with Pastor this week. He has ideas of what he wants to accomplish, I was looking for a foundation for a at least a semi-formal description could be prepared for whoever will do the work. I think the Wikipedia article <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Website>, and especially its links, will be valuable for getting me to better specify my question.