David E. Ross wrote on 10/02/2016 01:04 PM:
On 9/30/2016 4:52 PM, sean wrote:
i regularly send out e'mail to groups and lists with the BCC flag... but
lately, despite explicitly choosing BCC... all the e'mail addresses are
visible... to all of the BCCed recopients...

any body else ?!?

I just now tried a test with Thunderbird, which shares much of its code
with SeaMonkey's Mail-News component.  I sent a test message back to
myself -- my sending address also as the To: address.  I also put my
wife's address and some alternative addresses I use in the Bcc: area.
Each Bcc: address was a separate line.

All of the Bcc: addresses appear in the as-sent message, both the
Thunderbird display and the source.  None of the Bcc: addresses appear
in the as-received messages in the Thunderbird display.  The source of
each as-received message, however, shows the address of the specific
recipient but not the other Bcc: addresses.

All this was done with the following extensions enabled:
        Add-ons Manager Version Number  1.3.1
        CompactHeader   2.1.0
        Mail Redirect   0.8.7
        NoGlass theme   0.11
        PopMailListRecipients   0.3.2
        Reply to All as CC      1.4
        Rise of the Tools       1.1.0.0
        Send Later Button       1.1
        Signature Switch        1.6.14
        Smiley Fixer    1.4.3
        Theme Font & Size Changer   49.2
        Toggle Word Wrap        1.10
        Toolbar Buttons 1.1.1-signed
Your own testing indicates the possibility that an extension is causing
the problem.  You should be safe in excluding these from causing your
problem unless you do not have the current versions of these.

the only addon/extension I've kept related to the mail/news client along the way is Lightning... with some dabbling in themes...

I also currently have:
Adblock Plus
Chazilla (which i never use, thus removing with this restart)
Customizations of Adblock plus
Dom Inspector (which is a mystery to me, but i have always left it alone)
& F.B. Purity

installed in the "corrupted profile"

Am remembering now that I uninstalled Tagzilla because it and Lightning were not getting along... Lightning Calendar is super super important... but it has been buggy in the past...

So I'll be paying attention as i install new addons in the new profile...

sean
--
do lightning and tagzilla play nice now Phillip Chee?