David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/3/2016 11:03 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 11/3/2016 9:06 PM, Paul Bergsagel wrote:
Does anyone know how to install pdf.js in SeaMomkey?

I have heard that it works with Seamonkey 2.40+

The installer linked here:
http://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/extensions/firefox/pdf.js.xpi
fails to install pdf.js

Is ther another way to install it. Idowloaded all the separate files for
pdf.js, but did not know how to manually install the files.

I need detailed installation instructions. Any help would be much
appreciated.

Download the file from
<http://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/extensions/firefox/pdf.js.xpi> to a
folder or to your desktop.

With SeaMonkey still running, select the file, drag it, and drop it into
the display area of SeaMonkey.

Alternatively, go to [Tools > Add-ons Manager] on the SeaMonkey menu
bar.  At the top of the Add-ons Manager window or tab, there is a button
with a star or gear just to the left of the "Search all add-ons" input
area.  Select the button with the star and then select "Install Add-on
 From File" in the pull-down menu.  Navigate to where the file was
downloaded, select it, and select the Open button.

I forgot the following for after you install PDF.js:

On the left side of the Add-ons Manager window, select Plugins.  If you
can find an entry for Adobe Acrobat, select the button to the right of
that entry.  On the pull-down menu, select Never Activate.

Thank you David for your assistance. Your instructions worked. I am using OS X 10.7.5 and Seamonkey 2.40 would not download the file pdf.js.xpi. I still do not know why Seamonkey would not download this file. I switched to the safari browser and the file downloaded instantly and using your instructions was able to install pdf viewer into SeaMonkey.