On 9 December 2016 at 00:22, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net.invalid> wrote:

> Could be that your pluginreg.dat file is corrupted. Close SeaMonkey and
> goto
> ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/<profile folder>
> and rename pluginreg.dat to pluginreg.dat_bak
> Restart SeaMonkey and see if your plugins are back.

I am writing this email with SeaMonkey 2.40. Everything is fine. The
problem seems to be that the Aurora version is not picking up plugins
that are stored _outside_ the SM  profile (see directory list below),
while SM 2.4 correctly sees them. Could that be caused by some build
option in SeaMonkey? Many years ago I used to build SM from upstream
tar balls and all worked fine, including with respect to plugins.

# ls /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/
gecko-mediaplayer-dvx.so  gecko-mediaplayer-rm.so
gecko-mediaplayer-wmp.so  libjavaplugin.so
gecko-mediaplayer-qt.so   gecko-mediaplayer.so     libflashplayer.so