NoOp wrote on 12/13/2016 08:00 AM:
On 12/12/2016 4:51 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I am currently using SeaMonkey 2.40 on WinXP Pro. I have always
used, and will continue to use) a POP Mail Server. Over the years
I've accumulated multiple profiles on multiple machines. The
profiles have generally used the same fine structure as they were
usually created as " 'temporary' workarounds" for assorted
hardware/software problems. Toss in changing email providers as
well. I know I have duplicates. My major focus will be on
SeaMonkey 2.x files. [If things go well I might go as far back as
Netscape ;]
I have good experience with /imap/ and /seamonkey/.

There is no lack of temporary storage. I'm assuming there will be
a NEW profile to be the eventual recipient. Right now I'm dealing
with 2 machines, one with 5 profiles and one with 14 profiles.
There are some duplicate profile names in common.

Do tools exist for this situation?
What should I be reading?
What would be productive keywords for web search?

[For the future I'm considering creating a relational database of
some messages. As I've not used a data base since days of "dBase
II", that's not in the near future.]

Thank you.

Richard,

Try this add-on:

https://freeshell.de/~kaosmos/importexporttools-en.html
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/importexporttools/

I'd definately do a few test runs on backup test profiles before you try
on your work profiles.

Gary

--
Gérard Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff
http://www.ciudadpatricia.es

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49a2
Build identifier: 20161122013001

I never met a man I didn't want to fight.
                -- Lyle Alzado, professional football lineman