I've downloaded the 64 bit Linux version for my Ubuntu machine.

I picked up the current 2.46 .tar.bz2 file.

When I untar it and run it, Help->About still reports that it's 2.39. Is this really 2.46, but with the internal version number unchanged from 2.39?

Since Ubuntu doesn't install the 64 bit environment by default, the 64 bit version is the way to go here.

I did try to install all the pieces for 32 bit executables, but after finding and installing a number of libs, it still won't run. Seamonkey is using some .so files that I wasn't able to find for 32 bit. At least, I couldn't identify all the packages to pick up.

Gordon Weast