Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:

[fixed top-posting]

> Jonathan N. Little wrote:
>> Also not that this was not a problem at all just a few days ago
>> with 2.40 with same data. It just manifested as a problem with
>> 2.46. There is something significantly different with the upgrade.
>
> Yes because it probably was broken before or just swallowed some
> entries.

The data manager script or the database? "swallowed" entries? Not sure
what you mean there.

> It now should display and process all of them which might
> mean it might need some performance tuning in the source code.

Data manager showed all my entries before update from 2.40. Database
always has had a lot of entries, my profile is from the 90's originally
from Netscape Communicator to Mozilla to SeaMonkey.

> You can set data_manager.debug to true in about:config and check what
> it is doing in the console.

When if first stalls clicking debug script stops on line 807 of dataman.js

domain_search dataman.js:807

    this.sort();
    gDataman.restoreSelectionFromIDs(this.tree, this._getObjID,
selectionCache);
    this.tree.treeBoxObject.endUpdateBatch();
    this.ignoreSelect = false;
    // Make sure we clear the data pane when selection has been removed.
    if (!this.tree.view.selection.count && selectionCache.length)
      this.select();
  },

--
Take care,