Gerry Hickman wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
I normally have Mail/News open in three panes: the account/folder list
on the left, the message list at top right, and the preview pane at
bottom right.

This sounds the same as my layout, and I'm not seeing this. I normally
just see the message in the preview pane. If I double click the message,
it opens in it's own "1980s" style window, but if I close that new
window, it just goes away, it does not exit the whole of SM.

Is this on Windows - what version?

One pref I noticed is "Edit : Preferences : Mail & Newsgroups : Message
Display". There's an option to open the message in a "new" window or an
"existing" window; not sure what the difference is, but mine says
"existing".

I got the double click on single click when I installed a new bluetooth mouse, went on the web and found a lot of people had trouble with this certain one. I sent it in on warranty they fixed it and now it works OK. It was a SMK=LINK.
JAS