On 16/01/2017 1:57 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 1/15/2017 6:40 PM, Daniel wrote:
I'm inquiring about getting Solar Panels installed and the company has
sent me an e-mail with three attachments.

One is a PNG photo of my roof with the panels installed ... no problems.

The other two are ".pdf"'s but, when I click on either, the mouse
thingie rotates for a bit .... and then nothing happens! No new tab
opens, no offer to save the file to disk, nothing!!

Looking at Tools->Add-on Manager, it says I have "Adobe Acrobat" set to
"Always Activate" and then, underneath, it says "Adobe PDF Plug-In For
Firefox and Netscape 11.0.19"

Should I have run this through the SeaMonkey converter thingie or do I
have some other problem?? Or do I have to save the pdf's to the HD and
then look at them outside of SM??

Soon, no plugins will work other than Flash.  Later, even Flash will not
work.  This is per Mozilla's plans.

While this mess has not yet propagated to SeaMonkey, I have installed
the PDF Viewer extension.  This is inherent in Firefox and supposedly
will soon be inherent in SeaMonkey.

You can get PDF Viewer from
<https://github.com/mozilla/pdf.js#browser-extensions> and download it
from the link "Development Version".  The file is named pdf.js.xpi.
Drag-and-drop the file into your browser window to install it.

I am not sure PDF viewer can be installed or even function in
SeaMonkey's MailNews component.  If the PDF files were attachments to an
E-mail message, save them and open them outside of SeaMonkey with
Acrobat Reader.

I already have PDF Viewer installed, David!

If an e-mail has a .doc file attached, I would expect when I double clicked on the attachment, it would open in MSWord/Open Office/whatever, without me having to save the attachment to the HD. I would even accept when I click on a pdf, it opening in Adobe Acrobat/whatever.

But that is not even occurring!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751