Richard Owlett composed on 2017-01-25 08:21 (UTC-0600):

I've just changed laptops. The CRITICAL difference is the change
FROM a 4:3 aspect ratio TO 16:9.
I can properly display web sites if I *set ZOOM to 130%.
I can find settings for min and max zoom in about:config.

I wish to *FORCE DEFAULT ZOOM* to 133%.
How?

At least in theory, in about:config's toolkit.zoomManager.zoomValues you could remove all values below 1.33, but it seems to have no effect here in 2.46 on Linux.

In appearance -> fonts you could try raising the proportional font size by 133%, then making minimum font size the same. But you should soon see there are drawbacks to that approach.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/