On 3/1/17 11:27 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
*NOTE BENE*
Capitalization in subject line semantically important :>

I have significant bandwidth constraints.
I have been asked to participate in a project requiring significant data transfers.
I wish to run a test case to estimate the connectivity "cost".
For the test case the source/destination is of secondary importance.

Does SeaMonkey have a tool that can be
  "turned on"  at time t0
  "turned off" at time t1
which will report the number of
   "uploaded"   bytes
   "downloaded" bytes
in that interval?

If the tool reports more, no problem -- it will likely be ignored.
TIA

Try Networx

https://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
This software just became costly, I think it whould be possible to grab an old version still free (5.5 or something....)

Dom