That is the plan. A regular 2.49 might still come before to switch users to the esr channel.

If you set plugin.load_flash_only to false in about:config plugins will still load normally in 52. Its set in our tree. Only removed for 2.50+ because Mozilla started to remove some plugin code in 53 and it wasn't guranteed to work any longer for all plugins.

FRG

Cruz, Jaime wrote:
As I recall, Seamonkey is built on the ESR version of Firefox? I hope that means I will still be able to access Java applets when the new version finally rolls around...