Did you compile 2.40 before you tried 2.46? Compiling it needs a specifc configuration file in the source directory. Either mozconfig or .mozconfig need to be there.

FRG

P. H. Madore wrote:
Here is moz.configure:

# -*- Mode: python; c-basic-offset: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; tab-width: 40
-*-
# vim: set filetype=python:
# This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
# License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
# file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.

include('mozilla/moz.configure')

I don't see a file called .mozconfig.

I also did not check out anything, I only downloaded the source tarball
from Seamonkey-Project.org

*phm* <http://phmadore.com>