Daniel wrote:
On 22/03/2017 9:19 AM, sean wrote:
sean wrote:
My computer is becoming unusable as the 2.20a2 nightly and the 2.49a2
before it are crashing all browsers left right & sideways thanks to
100% CPU usage of plugin-container & flashplugin-installer. This 100%
usage is bouncing around my 8 CPU cores, whether or not Seamonkey is
in use. I have Firefox & Chromium installed as alternates, in fact the
machine coming out of hibernation/standby registers 100% CPU usage by
plugin-container in at least one core every time it comes out of
hibernation/standby.

sean

still randomly having 100% CPU usage with the culprit being seamonkey's
plugin container... here's hoping the latest nightly version has this
under control...

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/54.0 SeaMonkey/2.51a2
Build identifier: 20170321013004

Sean, do you have something you want to do with the CPU usage that SeaMonkey is not using??

If SM is the only thing that I am using/doing stuff with, I'd hope that my SM was using as much as possible of CPU time.

on an 8 core processor with seamonkey plug-in-container using from 1-3 of the cores at 100% of CPU... this brand new machine comes to a halt. It is not a good thing for any program to lockin all CPU processes.

Then, the problem continued long after Seamonkey was closed. I would have to reboot to get plugin container to let go.

That said, the most recent linux 64 bit nightly has not done this to my machine thus far.

sean
--
tagzilla anyone?