I'm writing this on a backup MACHINE with SeaMonkey 2.40 over WinXP Pro SP3

The *problem machine* is using SeaMonkey 2.46 {from the SeaMonkey site} over Debian Jessie with the MATE desktop. Everything had been normal since the install several weeks ago.

This morning, on only 1 of 4 profiles, I have a problem with the Browser window.

In a *functional* profile there are 3 "menu bars"[correct term???]
A bar with "File Edit View ..." entries
A bar with "Back Forward Reload ..." entries with space for a URL
A bar with "Top Up First Previous ..." entries

The *NON-functional* profile is missing the bar with "File Edit View ..." entries.
The lack of access to Bookmarks is *CRITICAL*.

I suspect the underlying cause was associated with a non-functioning swap partition. That problem has been remedied.

I made a backup image of the partition this morning. I only I had done so earlier ;<

Suggestions/comments?
TIA