Bob Fleischer wrote on 04-04-17 21:18:
Ray_Net wrote:
David E. Ross wrote on 03-04-17 18:59:
On 4/3/2017 9:00 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
Ray_Net wrote on 03-04-17 08:57:
Ray_Net wrote on 01-04-17 21:18:
SM Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46
above Windows 10 pro ...
I have SM opened (WINDOW number 1) with all my mail-accounts, local
folders and newsgroup on the left of the screen an a list of mails on
the right with under a preview of a selected mail.
If I initiate a "reply" of one of those mails located in the
right-upper par of the SM window, another separate window (WINDOW
number 2) is opened with the mail quoted - then I begin to type my
reply texte.
And suddently this window switch in the background letting me face of
the "WINDOW number 1".

How can I avoid this ? ... (expecting be able to continue type my
reply if the "reply-window" (WINDOW number 2) visible and "in front" )

I hope than my explanation is clear and understandable.
This is definitvely an SM problem/bug:
I have decided to HIDE the "status bar" everywhere in SM except for
the browser part.
and the problem did not occur yet.
We will see in the next few days.
I just go the problem, so my workaround doesnot work, and I can
re-instate de status bar visibility :-(

All this indicates another reason not to install Windows 10.

Yes, but this is a new pc with windows10 pre-installed ....
I have had the same problem--which I would describe as focus going spontaneously to whatever was my first SeaMonkey window open, if it is not minimized--as I type in some other SeaMonkey window.

This first occurred about the time I got the "anniversary update" of Windows 10 (last August).

No other app shows the behavior.

Bob
This is exactly my case, except that I think that the pre-installed window10 was already up-to-date including the "anniversary update".
And also ONLY SEAMONKEY give the problem.