Ray_Net wrote:

Yes this their fault - a great number of webmasters are doing the
same fault. It is faster and easier to change the default UA string
to FireFox than convincing ALL webmasters to change their coding. But
most of the time, they don't want to change their coding and more ...
they don't know what "Gecko" is, because they sniff for a Browser,
"Gecko"  IS NOT a browser. Additionally, if the default UA is
FireFox, we don't need anymore extra plugins or fiddling.

Depends how they do their sniffing. Some sites reject "Firefox/49.0 SeaMonkey/2.46" while accepting "Firefox/49.0" -- presumably because the first contains something /besides/ "Firefox." But the whole idea of a coder tripling his effort by writing multiple custom-tailored versions of his code and sniffing for the user's browser seems so stupid to me....

Paul B. Gallagher