DICK HOFFMAN wrote:
> On 4/22/2017 6:23 PM, DICK HOFFMAN wrote:

>>> I don't see any such option under Edit, Mail & Newsgroup Settings on my
>>> SM 2.46 system. The only reference to SMTP that I can find is in Account
>>> Settings for the mail server and that only asks for an outgoing server
>>> name. I'm using POP, BTW.
>>> Dick
>> I spoke too soon. Under "Account Settings" the last item is Outgoing
>> Server and has a line for Authentication. I'll change from "Any secure
>> method" to "Normal Password" and see what happens.
>> Dick
> To change from "Any secure method" to "Normal password" I had to change
> "Connection Security" to either SSL/TLS or STARTTLS. Neither had any impact on
> whether or not my password was retained across logins.
> Dick
Bummer. On the extremely remote possibility that your ISP changed the SMTP
parameters, you might want to check their website to make sure you are using
their latest. I remember several years ago when typing in my username as
arnie.goetchius was sufficient. One day, the ISP changed the requirement to such
that I had to change my username to arnie.goetch...@xxx.zzz