rcarlso...@gmail.com wrote:

I keep getting the error message: "The folder "Trash" could not be
compacted because writing to folder failed.  Verify that you have
enough disk space, and that you have write privileges to this file
system , then try again."

I've compacted dozens of times without problems.  Now, if I try to
compact any folder it freezes my computer.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium, Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Build 7601.

And SeaMonkey version 2.46.

Thanks.

Try this:

Close SeaMonkey completely, including any quick-start features.

In the profile folder
C:\Users\Windows_User_Name\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\SeaMonkey\Profiles\xxxxxxxx.default\Mail\mail_account_name
(or wherever your profile's mail folder is located in Win7 HP), where "xxxxxxxx" is a random string of letters and numbers unique to your profile, locate and delete the folders "Trash" and "Trash.msf." SeaMonkey will create new (empty) ones the next time you launch it.

If that doesn't work, post back.

Paul B. Gallagher