On 05/15/2017 03:14 PM, Mason83 wrote:
On 15/05/2017 20:25, Richard Owlett wrote:

I have some emails sorted into several folders.
For each folder I need a list of date, subject, and message id.
There's got to be a tool for that and I'm just not using right search terms.
I haven't worked that problem in decades.

Not all messages have a Message-ID: field, some don't have
a Date: field, and even Subject: is sometimes missing.

Not a problem as they are all messages I wrote with SM 2.48 .
They are going to define items in a few ToDo lists.

That being said, grep provides a rudimentary solution.

$ grep -r '^Date:\|^Subject:\|^Message-ID:' mail_folder

DUH ;) Worked nicely.
Need more sleep.
Thank you.

Regards.