Daniel wrote:
On 16/05/2017 7:23 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Daniel wrote:

On 16/05/2017 6:26 AM, Mozillian wrote:

I remember reading the post on this PC.  How can it NOT find it now ?

Probably because you have your News account to only show "Unread"
messages. With the news group selected, check View->Threads and set it
to "Threads with Unread" or some such.

The OP could do both:
    View | Messages | Unread
    AND
    View | Threads | Threads with Unread

To maximize message visibility, he'll have to choose
    View | Messages | All
    AND
    View | Threads | All
Then no messages will be excluded.

Yeap, you're right, Paul. For my e-mail account, I do have the "All"'s
selected. and, for the news groups accounts, I like to see things
threaded, so have "Threads with Unread" selected. ;-)

For threading, you want
        View | Sort by | Threaded

Like you, I have also chosen "Threads with Unread" because I don't want to clutter up my list with old threads and messages I've already seen. But that's a separate option from whether messages are threaded or not.

Paul B. Gallagher