On 18/05/2017 12:07 AM, Jim Dell wrote:
Paul in Houston, TX wrote:

<Snip>

There are so many possibilities of wifi things not being set right...
No ip address - set your router to auto dhcp or dynamic.
wrong security type - use wpa2
firewall exclusion - turn off the computer fire wall for a few min to
test.
etc.

Try this
Enter http:\\216.58.209.110 into SeaMonkey
That should take you to Google.
If that works it means you don't have your DNS setup properly.

Jim

Hmm! When I clicked on the link, above, I got a 'Email Scam Alert - "SeaMonkey thinks this website is suspicious! It may be trying to impersonate the web page you want to visit. Most legitimate websites use names instead of numbers. Are you sure you want to visit 216.58.209.110?"' pop-up.

Clicking the OK button took me to Google, though!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:49.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.46 Build identifier: 20161213183751