S Slicer wrote:
Yamo' wrote:
Hi,

Robert Baer a écrit le 12/05/2017 à 11:50 on alt.computer and
mozilla.support.seamonkey :
Robert Baer wrote:
My Win2k got slower and slower, so..
I took a hard drive, wiped it and installed Win2K SP2, then
installed SP4.
Installed my various programs that i had been using.

Well, i have some rather puzzling problems.
1) SeaMonkey 2.9 refuses to allow DuckDuckGo.com to run; the computer
immediately and completely shuts down.
2) In newsgroups, the search facility finds nothing, period.
3) Cannot find option to filter out undesirable messages.

Help, please.
   #4) This link caused SM to crash.
   #5) Numerous links fail to work.

This post won't be seen on mozilla.support.seamonkey by many users
because the only server where you can post to it is news.mozilla.org

No offense intended, but I found Windows 2000 to be the least compatible
version of Windows that I ever had.  I had numerous crashes, and tons of
software that just wouldn't run on it.

Are you sure you don't mean Windows ME? It was the Windows 98 successor and was an utter mess. Windows 2000 came between Win NT 4.whatever and Win XP Pro, it was definitely not a turkey.

I suppose Win ME's problem was it was a dead end, it was succeeded by XP Home which had a completely different code base.