Daniel wrote:
On 23/05/2017 2:52 AM, Bill Spikowski wrote:
My 'collected addresses' folder in Address Book is constantly filled to
the brim.

Some of these addresses I'd like to add to my personal address book, but
most are unwanted or are duplicates or are formatted in some odd way.

I used to move all of them to my personal address book, and then
modify/delete there -- but often I end up with two listings, with no way
of knowing which is a trusty reliable email address and which may be a
dubious 'collected' address.

Is there any way to have TWO "Address Book" windows open at the same
time? That way I could compare the existing and collected addresses
before keeping or rejecting any entries.

Or is there an extension that would work like 'duplicate bookmarks'
extensions and help me untangle duplicate address entries?

Bill, I don't know a simple problem to your current problem, but I though I was
going to be able to give a suggestion as to how to stop things getting
worse/continuing as they are.

I think, somewhere in the prefs, you were able to select where you wanted "new" e-mail addresses to go, either
"Collected" or "Personal" Address books. I thought it was somewhere in the Edit->Mail & Newsgroup Account
Settings .......... Ah!! There it is, ... Edit->Preferences->Mail & Newsgroups->Addressing->Email Address Collection.

Hope this helps in your future, Bill!

I had never noticed that!

Not sure what to do with it though; if I change that setting to "Personal," my
serious address book would probably end up with duplicates, with no way to figure out
which was the 'known good' address and which was perhaps an obsolete address that someone
stuck in a cc: list.

Maybe I'll try it for a week and see what happens....