Try playing around in about:config with layout.css.devPixelsPerPx

See if 1.5 or 2.0 get you anything. HiDPI support in SeaMonkey is currently lacking so icons might not look too nice.

If you experience any gross errors please file a bug. This needs to be solved over time.

FRG

3.  While I have no problem changing the font size in the body of messages and
postings, I have not found a way to change the size of text in such things as
the list of messages; this makes SM very difficult to use an a large
high-resolution display.

Try the instructions at <http://seamonkey.ilias.ca/mailnewsfaq/PaneText>.
I haven't tested that in years, so tell me if it doesn't work.

I'll try this.  As I mentioned in a separate email, Zoom only affects the
message bodies, and not icons, list entries, et al, defeating the purpose of
Zoom.

Thanks,

Joe