DoctorBill wrote:
In my last question here, I was "Off Topic" and was chastised for that.

I am back with a question which I believe is on topic.  If not - Tell me so
and I will go away.

I have noticed a vast increase in Advertisements on ALL web sites !
The adverts are plastered all over what you want to see or read and popups
appear like fungal growths while you search for what you originally wanted.

I have a Pop-Ups check on my PrefBar - doesn't seem to do anything.
I am assuming that the web designers have come up with new methods to bypass
one's anti-advert programming......

What can I do to stop at least some of the blatant rubbish adverts that pester
my web sites ?  e-bay and Amazon are terrible. Some sites worse than others.

DoctorBill

uBlock Origin works great for me.
Rarely if ever see an ad.
However, some sites will block you if you have an ad blocker.
Plenty of other sites that don't block - yet.
You might want to see if Bluhell Firewall works with your SM version
and install that, too.
I also use Flashblock, FlashStopper(converted), and QuickJS(converted).