rickman wrote on 03-06-17 17:32:
Ray_Net wrote on 6/3/2017 11:21 AM:
Ray_Net wrote on 03-06-17 00:14:
rickman wrote on 02-06-17 16:51:
Ray_Net wrote on 6/2/2017 9:26 AM:
Stanimir Stamenkov wrote on 02-06-17 00:31:
Fri, 2 Jun 2017 01:22:45 +0300, /Stanimir Stamenkov/:
Thu, 1 Jun 2017 12:58:56 -0700, /Mozillian/:

Explain to me how this is relevant to SeaMonkey and what the MEANING is
for its use in SeaMonkey.

"how this is relevant to SeaMonkey"

It has described couple of SeaMonkey internals.

"what the MEANING is for its use in SeaMonkey"

If you're tech-savvy enough you could use this internals knowledge to
better customize SeaMonkey to your specific needs, for example.

Note I've also given the following explanation:

You would see images like:

chrome://messenger/skin/icons/thread-closed.png
chrome://messenger/skin/icons/thread-new-closed.png

They indicate a message thread, and generally mean that – there are
multiple messages in a thread. The one with the green arrow indicate
there are unread messages in the thread.

If you can't understand some or all of it – please state so. Then ask a more specific question like "What a message thread is?", or "What's unread
message?", though I think all of it is pretty straightforward to
comprehend if you have basic email usage experience.

Is it SO IMPORTANT to know the meaning of icons ? Everybody don't care
about
it.
And what is "how this is relevant to SeaMonkey" ?

The developers do their best to create self-explanatory icons.
If the OP want to know more, he can participate to the development ...

I'm not sure why you made your post. The icons are not self explanatory
and often too small to even see clearly.  Software without proper
documentation is not of much use. Telling someone who has questions to
participate in development is silly.

The best way of using button, is that when the mouse fly over the button,
It should be a pop-up explaining the meaning of the button.
That's what the OP should ask for an enhancement of SeaMonkey.
And more .... to be able to have this possibility, the only way, to be sure
it will be implemented is to participate to the development.

You are completely missing the point of the thread and having a conversation only with yourself. The OP was asking about the meaning of the icons used in SeaMonkey. Are you suggesting he should reverse engineer the code and write his own documentation?

No ... I just suggest that SeaMonkey must be modified to show an explanation of any icon when the mouse fly over like when the mouse is over the big "SPELL" button, a text appeared saying "Check spelling of selection or entire page". and I have added that if we want that then we should do it by ourself "participating to the development" is the only way to have this possibility, because I don't believe that if we post an "enhancement/bug" it will be done by the current developpers. This is not a reverse engineering to create his own documentation ... this is coding SeaMonkey to achieve what I have explained, so everybody can understand all icons.