I did (with help) manage to solve the main hang-up in the first list - I van
now send emails when I post.

I have a mystery, though.  While I can post to the forum via this path, I
cannot post through the obvious path, and have no idea how I came upon the
working path.  When I post using the standard path (with a standard newsreader
GUI, I get a strange error message:

"Send Message - This account only supports email recipients. Continuing will
ignore newsgroups."  The claimed newsgroup is "mozilla.support.seamonkey" under
a "Newsgroups" tag.

The URL for the path that works is
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!newtopic/mozilla.support.seamonkey>.

Now standard news readers do not recognize a "mozilla.support.seamonkey"
newsgroup, so something proprietary is being done.  It's a Google Group in
drag.  I found it in Google Groups, but there seem to be many decoys there.
Confusing.

Here is this thread in GG:

.<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/mozilla.support.seamonkey/new$20user$20with$20questions%7Csort:relevance>

Anyway, what's going on and how does one fix it?

Thanks,

Joe