Richmond wrote on 6/9/2017 4:51 PM:
rickman <gnuarm.deletethis...@gmail.com> writes:

For that matter, why did SeaMonkey split off from T-bird?  What was the
fundamental issue that created a new tool so similar to the old?

The way I remember it, Thunderbird (and Firefox) split off from
Seamonkey. Seamonkey came from Netscape Communicator, which then became
Mozilla Application Suite.

So you are saying the split was a long time ago? I didn't realize. I believe Netscape was a more universal tool with support for newsgroups, email and web page composition. That's what I used to write my web page a decade and a half ago. Maybe it's time for an update...?

--

Rick C