On 6/9/17 at 4:41 PM, Lemuel Johnson's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
On 6/8/2017 7:41 AM, Bill Spikowski wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
null wrote:

Running on XP, Seamonkey 2.46 will no longer display internet videos
from Facebook and many news sites.

Neither will Firefox 52.0.2.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Working fine here on Win7 Pro.

Insufficient info for diagnosis.

May be an XP issue -- I've been having the same problem quite a lot on
an XP machine with SM 2.46.

But I've noticed that some videos don't play in Seamonkey even on my
Win7 machines. I've taken to copying their URLs into Chrome and watching
them there, rather than trying to figure out what's wrong....

I'm having problems in particular with Vimeo, for example:
https://vimeo.com/219207963

The video plays in a SM default profile, but not in my normal one, even with all plug-ins set to "Never Activate" and all extensions disabled. The "play" button switches to "pause" when clicked, but the video doesn't start. I assume corruption somewhere, but where?

Lem Johnson

Same here. Nothing on Vimeo works unless using a default profile. Nothing jumps out at me looking at User Set prefs.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/