Ed Mullen wrote on 6/21/2017 8:59 PM:
On 6/21/17 at 4:43 PM, rickman's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
rickman wrote on 6/1/2017 8:59 PM:
Dirk Munk wrote on 6/1/2017 6:43 PM:
rickman wrote:
Dirk Munk wrote on 6/1/2017 2:08 PM:
rickman wrote:
I don't know if I can continue to use SeaMonkey.  I've been
responding to
posts in various groups for an hour or two and I've only been able to
type
for half that time.  I've tried restarting SeaMonkey but it still has
these long delays.  Task manager says there is nothing going on in the
system. None of the other apps are affected.  When I am waiting for the
hourglass I can switch to Chrome and play Sudoku with no problems.

I may have to buy a newsreader and give up on the open source stuff.

Try to clean the cache files as described by Frank-Rainer in "Clearing
Seamonkey Cache Files", worked for me.

I see his post, but not anything about clearing cache files.

That is the title of  a separate thread !!

Yes, I found that and cleared the cache.  It is not as bad now, but
SeaMonkey still has small delays that freeze your text cursor when typing or
the mouse cursor when using the rest of the GUI.

I can live with it as it is.  We'll see if it gets worse again.  Thanks

The speed issue has been bad again, so I've cleared the cache again.  This
is a reminder to myself to report if SeaMonkey is still working ok after a
day or so.

If you have a broadband connection there is little benefit to using a
browser cache.  Disable it.

First question, how? Second question, does the browser impact the other components in SeaMonkey when the browser isn't running?

--

Rick C