On 6/27/17 6:46 PM, Ken Rudolph wrote:
SM 2.46 (Win-10) has developed the annoying habit of crashing, and recently way too often. I immediately get the window that allows SM to restore all tabs and windows; but when I do entries in the process of being written have disappeared. This is especially annoying in Composer when I'm editing a web site with the HTML composer included with SeaMonkey. In fact it is more than annoying; it's something that I have to cope with ASAP (yes, frequent saving does help a bit; but if I forget it is a disaster.)

So, the question: is there a stand-alone Mozilla web site composing app available that wouldn't be subject to a SM crash? It would be nice if such a thing existed in Firefox or Thunderbird, or as a separate program. After almost 20 years of using Netscape and SeaMonkey to edit my web site I can't imagine using another program; but if Mozilla doesn't have one, can somebody suggest a similar "free" HTML editing program that would work just as efficiently?

Thanks much.

Have you tried loading the web page into the browser, use Tools > Web Development > Toggle Tools and editing it from there?

Knowledge of HTML and CSS may be required.

--
Go Bucs!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>