Hello,

I couldn't say exactly when it started, but for several months
(since SM 2.48?) I've been having issues with sites requiring
authentication.

The first one asks me for my username

<form action="/index.pl" method="post" /><table style="margin: auto; width:
type="text" name="user" maxlength="20" />.suffix&nbsp;<p><input type="submit"

When I click "Submit Query", all I get is:

"Authorization Required
This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document
requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or
your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required."

The work-around I've been using is to load an URL
that contains my username and password
http://username:password@url/path/to/resource

But this is not ideal.

Another site I have a problem on is
https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de

To edit columns, one needs to authenticate, but all
I get is:
"Authorization Required
The configuration of this Poll is protected by password! In order to proceed,
you have to give the password for user admin."

Are there known issues?

Regards.