On 7/12/17 at 2:00 PM, EE's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
Ed Mullen wrote:
On 7/11/17 at 2:13 PM, EE's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
Ed Mullen wrote:
On 7/10/17 at 2:37 PM, EE's prodigious digits fired off with great aplomb:
Why does SeaMonkey keep asking to access my contact list? I had to use Thunderbird for email, since SeaMonkey would not set up IMAP email correctly. Whether I give it permission or not, it still keeps asking every few hours. If I do not use email, why would it need to use the contact list?

What contact list? Are you sure this is from SeaMonkey?

I see that request only when SeaMonkey is running, and it says that SeaMonkey wants to access the contact list. I presume it means the Mac Address Book, since that is the contact list I use for email.

Not a Mac person but why don't you just okay the permission?

It makes no difference whether I allow it or not. The next time I launch SeaMonkey it will ask again.

Go into SM preferences for Mail & Newsgroups. Look for "use Mac OS X Address Book" and uncheck it. This is not exactly your issue but:

<https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1096840>

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/