Richmond via support-seamonkey wrote:
Mason83 <root@dom.invalid> writes:

On 14/07/2017 23:35, Richmond wrote:
The article below appears at the top of my rss feed which is
sorted by date, latest first. The date in the date column is
30/11/02. But the date of the article is 1966. I don't know where
it got the '02 date from.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/1966/oct/24/britishidentity.fromthearchive

This doesn't look like a "year 2000" bug. That's more a result of the ambiguity of years represented by just two digits so, for example, it's not certain whether 24/10/66 refers to 1966 or 2066.

What's the RSS feed's URL?

Is it https://www.theguardian.com/uk/rss ? (Apparently not)

Regards.

I think it is this one:

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/rss

The article in question doesn't seem to be currently included in that feed (presumably its an entry you downloaded previously) so I can't tell for certain, but my suspicion would be that the wrong date was included in the RRS data. Perhaps 30/11/02 (presumably 2002, not 1902!) is the date the article was digitised or uploaded to their website, whereas 24/10/1966 looks like the original print publication date.

--
Mark.