Roger Fink wrote:
As I sure some folks are aware, the hotkey F9 will toggle the bookmarks sidebar on and off in SeaMonkey. I'd like to be able to do this by mouse-clicking an icon on the menu or navigation bar, but unlike in Firefox or PaleMoon this seems not to be possible in SeaMonkey, as the offering in the customization panel will transpose the contents of the bookmarks dropdown menu to the sidebar.

The difference here is that if you have your bookmarks organized into subfolders, the sidebar will display them as part of the overall tree within the governing width of the panel. In the dropdown menu there are two separate panels one for the folders and one for the bookmarks, and there is no governing width for the display, which for me is about 1/3 the width of my screen, so there really is no point in toggling the sidebar.

I couldn't find any workarounds, including running the FireFox bookmarks toggler extension through the SeaMonkey extension converter. Maybe someone can suggest a workaround.

You might be happier with a bookmarks menu in the bookmarks toolbar. I created one by opening the bookmarks manager, dragging "All Bookmarks" to the right end of the bookmarks toolbar and dropping it there.