Been using SM for years without problems, but this year it seems to run slower and slower. Also been running Zone Alarm free firewall + antivirus for a very long time. There is increasing circumstantial evidence that ZA's antivirus checking is slowing the loading of SM - and a lot of my other programmes, too - but it is worst with SM. When run, SM often takes a minute or more before even the browser frame appears, and Firefox was not much better until I recently discovered how to do what FF calls a "refresh", whereupon load speed improved considerably compared to SM. Chrome has always loaded fast, but that's irrelevant to my problems because I don't like it and rarely use it.

So .....while it seems to slow file running and saving in general, why would ZA so particularly affect SM in comparison with my refreshed FF?

Can't be the computer - got 2GB RAM, 3.2MHz CPU, keep the HD well defragged, etc.

Anyone here using ZA who has a similar problem?