On 7/26/2017 4:31 AM, Desiree wrote:
> On 7/25/2017 11:23 PM, Desiree wrote:
>> I just updated Java on Windows 8 both 32 bit and 64 bit versions.  Pale
>> Moon sees the latest version for 64 bit browsers (and I ran Netalyzer
>> with no problems).  SeaMonkey 2.46 (and Fx 45.9 ESR) do NOT see the new
>> 32 bit version.  Why?
>>
>> Also, before I updated, I checked Plugins at Mozilla's Plugin check site
>> and the earlier version of Java was detected on both SeaMonkey and Fx
>> and Mozilla said the EARLIER VERSION was up to date!  That is wrong.
>> Now, when I check at Mozilla's plugin site check, NO Java version is
>> shown!
>>
>> How do I get SeaMonkey to see and use the latest Java?
>>
> I got it fixed.  I finally downloaded the 32 bit version again and
> installed it.  That worked and SeaMonkey and Firefox immediately saw and
> can use the latest Java now.

In the past, I found that a good install of a new version of Java
required (1) removing the old version and (2) then rebooting before
trying to install the new version.

--
David Ross

<http://www.rossde.com/>
President Trump now denies there are any tapes that
recorded his conversations with ex-FBI Director Comey.
Between when Trump hinted there might be such tapes
and his denial, there was sufficient time to destroy
any tapes.