Dirk Munk wrote on 03-08-17 12:00:
Ray_Net wrote:
Ray_Net wrote on 02-08-17 20:45:
Dirk Munk wrote on 02-08-17 15:29:
Ant wrote:
On 8/1/2017 7:48 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
Bill Spikowski wrote on 01-08-17 15:39:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
Dirk Munk wrote:

I suppose the question is quite clear.

If I compose a normal email message, then it is automatically saved in
the Drafts folder, and I can save it there without sending it.

Is there something similar for news messages?

Sure, why not? File | Save As | Draft. It'll show up in the Drafts
folder for whatever account you use to post to the given newsgroup.

I don't have a "Draft" folders in any of my newsgroup accounts. When I save a news message without sending it, it goes into 'local folders';
I can open it from there and post it easily

I think that for news ... the draft folder is under "Local Folders"

Yeah, by default unless the user changed it to somewhere else in "Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings".

Yes, that is true. However the message will not be saved is sending of the message fails. Even worse, if the message was saved as a draft prior to trying to send it, the saved message will also be lost.

Just to do a test, I save this message ... The Draft box of the "Local Folders" contain this message... then I cut internet .. then I try to send. "***"

The sending failed with my message still on the screen. (and still in the Draft box of the "Local Folders" - but with the text before the "***"
I reconnect internet then I send this message.
This is a correct sending now, and the Draft folder is empty.
and a copy of this message is in the "Sent box" of the "Local Folders".

The message is not lost.

In my case sending did not occur because of username/password issues. However SM did make contact with the news server, contrary to your test where you didn't have a network connection. It seems in my case SM thinks that sending the message was successful, even if it actually didn't happen.

However, the messages are in the Sent folder, so that is very good news, the message isn't lost.

Thank you for the positive feed-back !